With prom season just around the corner, Team Mirabella is sharing one of our favorite makeup looks for Prom '23 - Denim Eyes.
Bella Babes, are you ready? Prom is approaching, and there are so many fun decisions to make. In addition to finding the perfect prom dress, you get to figure out which corsage you'll be gifting your date, and if you'll be headed to the after-prom party with the rest of your class. And to top it off, you can get as creative as you want with stunning prom makeup looks that'll have you looking like you just stepped out of a photoshoot. Get ready to screen shot these details for our favorite Prom 2023 makeup look.
A dramatic spin on the blue eyeshadow trend known as "washed denim" that has Tik Tok influencers buzzing, this sultry statement eye oozes nostalgia by drawing inspiration from the 1960s mod era, and its icons, like Twiggy and Elizabeth Taylor while also paying homage to the early 2000s' music videos and movies that once again brought about a resurgence of blue eye makeup.
HOW TO ACHIEVE THE DENIM EYES LOOK
1. Prep eyelids by applying a thin layer of Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer over entire lid and blending until transparent.
2. Mist brush with Bulletproof Matte Finishing Spray and then press Mercury (Studio palette) over the eyelids for a foiled finish. Then, smudge the same shade across the lower lash line.
3. Using the Eye Blender Brush, sweep Pure Press I below the brow bone and blend generously to create a seamless transition between shadow shades.
4. Using Jagger (Studio palette), highlight the inner corner of the eyes to create a subtle glow.
5. Line the top lid with the Magic Marker Eyeliner and then use Midnight Eye Definer along the lower water lines.
6. Shape and fill brows with the appropriate shade of Brow Pencil and apply a thick layer of Brow Shaper to entire brow for a bold, fluffy finish.
7. Apply Lash Luxe Mascara and/or Mink Effect Faux Lashes.
8. Bring warmth to the cheeks by applying Love from Love/Soulmate Blush Duo just below the cheekbones and then gently blending Soulmate out to the apples of the cheeks.
9. Sweep Serendipity (Fate/Serendipity Sculpt Duo) onto the tops of the cheekbones, bridge and tip of the nose, and cupid's bow to bring a luminous finish to the face's natural highlights.
10. Fill lips with Pretty in Pink Stay All Day Velvet Lip Pencil and top with GLOW LED-Lit Lip Gloss.
10. Finish application by misting Bulletproof Matte Finishing Spray to lock makeup in place.